Friday 18 December 2009

Evaluation

Evaluation

I don’t know where to start; I’ve done all the things I said I wouldn’t do, again!

I could copy and paste the evaluation from the last module I messed up I’m failing at all the same things I did then, which is worse than failing at new things because I haven’t learnt from my mistakes. Project management has now become number one priority. Over Christmas i'm going to complete my dissertation, work extensively on PPD and FMP but most importantly my product management. My golden rules will be:

1) Organise

2) Rota

3) Stick to it

As for my work, I am happy with what was produced, I feel the H.G. Wells book covers are fulfil the brief and work really well as a set, I enjoyed doing them and will submit them to the D& AD competition after a little reworking of the Ann Veronica cover because I’ve had a better idea than the chains.

The don’t panic brief yielded some really nice images, but I think I took the wrong stand point not doing any real back up work, I wanted them to be a exercise in illustration and not design as such, but I think some of the issues I can across could have been better served by more extensive development

Anorak cover. This is the best reason for me not taking on an open brief like this in final major project. Left it all too late and struggled with the crafting of it, some of the character design work is nice and I feel that the anorak family stuff, could really work well.

Mecha-apes. Again I struggled with this open brief this one was self initiated as well make the situation worse because I should have made it a tighter brief myself. I don’t want to stop writing briefs for myself but I need to get a lot better at it. I never really pinned down what these characters were for. (Even after constantly been told to by Fred) I just want to do every thing vinyl toys, posters, cards, wrapping paper, kitchenware, barware etc. I just jumped from one to the other constantly. In the end I like the characters but the in the end I think I missed the audience, the mecha apes seemed to young for the majority of my target, and I think the foetus fighting force is a shade to risky.

No comments:

Post a Comment